Brennans Pharmacies have been looking after patients and customers for the last 29 years since Fergus Brennan opened the first Brennans Pharmacy in Buncrana in 1992. We now serve three communities in beautiful Donegal (Buncrana, Clonmany & Creeslough), along with our fourth branch which looks after the pharmacy needs of the Glenageary community in South Dublin.
Our core purpose is to help our patients and customers ‘live life at their healthiest so they can feel and look their best’.
Our vision is to be the local pharmacy of choice, with expert teams who are trusted to deliver exceptional pharmacy experiences, improving health outcomes, always, everywhere, for all. This is achieved by providing our patients and customers with exceptional pharmacy experiences in a professional, welcoming retail environment.
Our brand promise ‘We’re here for you’, embodies what we truly believe; that we can help make a positive difference in the health and wellbeing of the communities we serve, that goes beyond just dispensing medicines.
Our commitment to our patients and customers has four customer serivce pillars:
As a company and as individuals, everything we do is guided by our core values of integrity, respect, compassion, personal and professional excellence, caring for our communities and working as high performing teams – ‘A’ players that go the ‘extra mile’.
Integrity – Our moral compass is our guide in all we do. Honesty is at the heart of our decisions and actions
- Our behaviour is consistent with our beliefs
- We are authentic in our dealings with everyone
- We develop relationships with our customers and each other based on trust
Respect – We treat everyone equally
- We have a genuine welcome and regard for everyone
- We are open, honest and engage with everyone in a timely manner
- We are sincerely thankful for our customer’s business
Compassion – We see people as they are and care for them anyway
- We care and desire to help solve our customer’s health problem
- We show empathy in our dealings with everyone
- We follow up on customers progress
Excellence – We perform our duties to the highest standards
- We set highest standards of professional, world class customer service
- We continuously improve our customer’s experience in our pharmacies
- We are accountable for our actions to achieve consistently high standards
Community – we have a local focus with national connections
- We are committed to buy, work and live locally
- We support local activities that improve health and wellbeing
- We sustain employment, creating great places to work
Teamwork – We will win as a team because together we are better
- We seek buy-in through the input and involvement of all
- We empower team members by training and mentoring
- We have fun while winning and getting better
Vacancies: Full-Time Front of Shop Supervisor
Join our Team!
Due to continued growth and expansion in our business we now have a great opportunity for someone to join our Brennans Creeslough team as a Full-Time Front of Shop Supervisor.
As our Front of Shop Supervisor, you will be working with our Pharmacists and your colleagues on the Brennans team to provide outstanding customer care to the most important part of our business – our patients and customers – helping them to live their lives at their healthiest, so they can feel and look their best.
- Duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing advice and help to patients and customers where required, delivering
excellent patient-centred product advice, selling appropriate OTC medicines or
referring them to our Pharmacist for further care;
- Management of store standards and all retail stock items in the Pharmacy, including
ordering, pricing and merchandising;
- Management of retail sales and ‘live’ stock in the Pharmacy (OTC, Skin Care, First
Aid, Beauty etc.);
- Fulfilling online orders and ensuring stock is at an optimum level;
- Assisting with updates to the online product range on our E-commerce website;
- Delivery of Pharmacy orders to patients/customers and postage depots;
- Reporting to management on retail key performance indicators (KPI’s);
- Contributing to the Brennans Group retail strategy by improving products/range
selection, processes and performance;
- Implementing in-store marketing and category management;
- Assisting with duties in the dispensary as required; and
- Ensuring that the health and safety of our patients and customers is protected at all
times especially during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Our ideal candidate:
- Must have completed their Leaving Certificate or equivalent;
- Must have a proven high competency in the use of relevant computer software
packages (e.g. Microsoft Office, EPOS, back office software, email and apps);
- Must be flexible with hours of work as this role requires an individual to work 5 days
out of 6, cover holidays and seasonal busy periods etc.;
- Must have a minimum of 2 years previous experience in a retail environment;
- Must have a full, clean Irish Driving License;
- Will have a genuine interest in health and wellbeing;
- Will have a friendly personality, lots of initiative and enjoy working as part of a small
team, serving and helping others in their community;
- Will be someone who understands that discretion, confidentiality and empathy for
others are at the heart of an excellent pharmacy service;
- Will ideally have previous Pharmacy experience (desirable but not essential);
If you feel you are a suitable fit for our Full-Time Front of Shop Supervisor vacancy we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this vacancy please upload your CV and Cover Letter below
* The closing date for applications is Monday 8 th February 2021 at 12 noon.