Careers at Brennans
Brennans Pharmacies have been looking after patients and customers for the last 30 years since Fergus Brennan opened the first Brennans Pharmacy in Buncrana in 1992. We now serve three communities in beautiful Donegal (Buncrana, Clonmany & Creeslough).
Our core purpose is to help our patients and customers ‘live life at their healthiest so they can feel and look their best’.
Our vision is to be the local pharmacy of choice, with expert teams who are trusted to deliver exceptional pharmacy experiences, improving health outcomes, always, everywhere, for all. This is achieved by providing our patients and customers with exceptional pharmacy experiences in a professional, welcoming retail environment.
Our brand promise ‘We’re here for you’, embodies what we truly believe; that we can help make a positive difference in the health and wellbeing of the communities we serve, that goes beyond just dispensing medicines.
Our commitment to our patients and customers has four customer serivce pillars:
As a company and as individuals, everything we do is guided by our core values of integrity, respect, compassion, personal and professional excellence, caring for our communities and working as high performing teams – ‘A’ players that go the ‘extra mile’.
Integrity – Our moral compass is our guide in all we do. Honesty is at the heart of our decisions and actions
- Our behaviour is consistent with our beliefs
- We are authentic in our dealings with everyone
- We develop relationships with our customers and each other based on trust
Respect – We treat everyone equally
- We have a genuine welcome and regard for everyone
- We are open, honest and engage with everyone in a timely manner
- We are sincerely thankful for our customer’s business
Compassion – We see people as they are and care for them anyway
- We care and desire to help solve our customer’s health problem
- We show empathy in our dealings with everyone
- We follow up on customers progress
Excellence – We perform our duties to the highest standards
- We set highest standards of professional, world class customer service
- We continuously improve our customer’s experience in our pharmacies
- We are accountable for our actions to achieve consistently high standards
Community – we have a local focus with national connections
- We are committed to buy, work and live locally
- We support local activities that improve health and wellbeing
- We sustain employment, creating great places to work
Teamwork – We will win as a team because together we are better
- We seek buy-in through the input and involvement of all
- We empower team members by training and mentoring
- We have fun while winning and getting better
Retail Pharmacy Assistant – Maternity Leave Cover – 4 or 5 day week.
We have a great opportunity for someone to join our Brennan’s Creeslough team as a Retail Pharmacy Assistant (Maternity leave cover contract – March to September 2023 approx.)
There’s a lot more to what we do than just dispensing medicines. As a Retail Pharmacy Assistant with Brennans, every day you’ll have the opportunity to make things better for our customers in all sorts of ways, helping them live at their healthiest, so they can feel and look their best. Our purpose in Brennans is to support our communities by making the best healthcare choices and pharmacy services available and convenient for local people.
We are now looking for someone who is talented and driven and can help us deliver the highest quality Pharmacy service. In return, we’ll provide a supportive team, full training and a varied working environment where no two days are quite the same. While this role is a maternity cover, there may be further opportunities in Brennans.
You will be responsible for:
Our Pharmacy Assistants are integral to the running of Brennans Pharmacy. We are looking for someone who is a team player who can take on the following responsibilities:
- Talking to patient and customers and offering information in a confident, friendly and professional manner, providing them with a great service, so that Brennans becomes their local pharmacy of choice.
- Offering appropriate information and advice to customers on common ailments, symptoms and products. You will receive full training in this area.
- Taking time to understand our customers’ needs, explaining the benefits of the products in a way they understand and only selling products that are right for the customer.
- Playing your part in maintaining store standards in the Pharmacy, including merchandising, ordering, and pricing.
- Retail sales in the Pharmacy (Over the counter medicines, Skin Care, First Aid, Wellness, Haircare and Beauty)
- Helping with online order fulfilment and ensuring stock is at an optimum level;
- Implementing In-store marketing and category management;
- Assisting our Pharmacists and dispensing technicians with duties in the dispensary as required.
- Responding to customer queries in relation to prescription medicines, and liaising with our Pharmacist and dispensary team to meet patient needs.
- Advising customers on the range of Pharmacy services available.
- Bringing promotional activities and company initiatives within the team to life.
- Carrying out all processes accurately to ensure we trade safely and legally.
- Ensuring that the health and safety of our customers is protected at all times especially while Covid 19, Flu and RSV viral infections continue to circulate.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have completed their Leaving Certificate or equivalent;
- Have a genuine interest in health and wellbeing;
- Have a friendly personality, lots of initiative and enjoy working as part of a small team, serving and helping others in their community;
- Be someone who understands that discretion, confidentiality and empathy for others are at the heart of an excellent pharmacy service;
- Be flexible with hours of work as this role requires an individual to work 4 or 5 days out of 6, including some Saturday shifts, and cover holidays and seasonal busy periods etc.;
- Have a minimum of 2 years previous experience in a customer facing environment, ideally in a retail setting (essential);
- Ideally have previous Pharmacy experience (desirable but not essential).
- Feel at home with Brennans six core company values of
Integrity, Respect, Compassion, Excellence, Community and Teamwork.
We believe in ‘Be, Do – Have’. Our values describe who we are… as much as what we do. We are committed to supporting the Creeslough community in every way possible as local people come to terms with the pain and sadness of last year’s tragedy. Our core values remain our ‘compass’ at this difficult time for Creeslough.
What’s in it for you
We offer a range of benefits that help make Brennans a great place to work. These include:
- Competitive rate of pay, commensurate with your experience.
- Annual holiday entitlements plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Colleague discounts
- No Sundays or Bank Holidays required
- Cycle to work scheme
- Uniform provided
Opportunities to get on: – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities to help you achieve the job and career you want. There may be further opportunities in Brennans at the end of this maternity contract.
Our complimentary Employee Assistance Programme, delivered by VHI Corporate Solutions, can help you deal with life’s challenges.